The Covid-19 Pandemic has affected every dimension of life world-wide - the way we work, interact and gather. In order to keep our clients safe and to do our part to help stop the spread, The DuBois Realty Group follows all State mandates and industry guidelines related to the pandemic.
The first thing we do for our selling clients is to assure only qualified and seriously interested buyers will be permitted to see their property. We have all showings schedules through the automated system accessed only by licensed Real Estate agents - ShowingTime. We also post a video tour of the property on the MLS site. Mandatory viewing of the video, as well as a drive-by of the property prior to scheduling a showing, helps ensure the property is on the potential buyers short list. We ask agents to confirm that neither they nor their clients are experiencing symptoms of the illness, nor have they been exposed to anyone with the illness in the past 14 days. And we ask they limit the number of people present at the showing to be limited to just the decision makers. Once these items have been satisfied, we ask sellers to do the following:
- Not be present during showings - have someplace to go.
- Keep closets and doors open in order to limit touching of surfaces.
- Place alcohol-based sanitizer by the entrance for buyers/agents to clean their hands with upon entering the home.
- Post signs throughout the property reminding buyers to use hand sanitizer and not touch surfaces.
- We recommend sellers clean and disinfect surfaces - door handles, faucets, countertops, etc., prior to and after all showings.
We begin by confirming buyers are pre-qualified with a lender and have viewed all available photos and videos of the property listed on the MLS, as well as having driven by the property to be sure it is on their short list. Additionally, we take the following steps:
- Confirm that the buyer(s) and our agents are well and not showing symptoms of Covid-19, or any other virus prior to arrival
- Limit the people viewing the property to just decision makers
- Assure hand sanitizer is used by all proper to entering the property
- Masks required for showings
- Keep touching to a minimum, when possible, gloves to be used when touching handles, light switches, etc.